Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dirty Babies

I came across this and found the tag line hilarious. I clicked on it from Yahoo.



It said: 'Dirt Can Be Good For Babies: It may be healthy for babies to put dirty things in their mouths.' Bad choice of words Yahoo. FAIL. I hope I'm not the only one with the dirty mind. I don't know, maybe I've been hanging around boys too often. The ones who insist on saying 'That's what she said' after any hint of sexual innuendo no matter how subtle or non-existent it is.



Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/health/27brod.html?no_interstitial



It's a pretty interesting story and makes perfect sense. It is sort of odd for us to discourage that kind of behavior. It has been engrained into our heads that 'Dirt is bad' when in fact a little dirt is fine for a healthy immune system. Seems hypocritical, doesn't it?

1 comment: